All International Student Scholarships to Study in the US
It seems impossible to find scholars for international students to study in the US, but they do exist.
It’s no secret that the United States is one of the most expensive countries for higher education. However, do not be discouraged by the fact that there are hundreds of ways to obtain funding for studies.
This article lists international student scholarships in the United States
As an international student, you are not eligible for funding for U.S. citizens. However, as American universities are at the forefront of internationalization, the number of international student researchers studying in the United States has increased. There are also some American universities that offer foreign students compulsory blind admissions.
Below is a selection of American researchers for international students, some funded by the US government, some funded by private organizations, and some funded by specific institutions. Good luck with your applications!
How to get a Scholarship to study in the US
The first step you need to take when trying to get a scholarship to study in the US is to ask questions at your school. Find out if your school offers scholarships, and if so, find out if you are eligible to apply.
Remember that no matter where you live or go to school, your first step in finding scholarships is your school’s financial aid office.
Can an International Student get a Full Scholarship in USA?
Yes. As an international student, you can receive a fully-funded scholarship in the United States that covers all of your education costs. In fact, almost every university in the United States has science programs, most of which are open to international students.
Columbia University in New York, for example, received the highest average amount of aid, providing nearly $ 71,069 to nearly 300 international students.
Most universities will require you to submit your SAT or ACT scores in the tests before you can apply for scholarships. Once you get it, you can sign up.
According to the Fulbright Commission, more than 600 U.S. universities offer scholarships of $ 20,000 or more to international students.
Requirement GPA for a scholarship
If you are a foreign student, you must have a high GPA before you will be eligible for any scholarships. Although the GPA score varies from university to university, it should be on a 4.0 GPA scale of 3.5-3.7. This is what most scientific providers are looking for. Or they can check your specific class (for example, the top 5% or 10% in your class). Some look at ACT or SAT scores.
Now let’s look at some scholarships available to international students in the United States.
Scholarships for International Students in the US.
These scholarships are categorized based on:
- Government-funded US scholarships for foreign students
- Non-governmental US scholarships for foreign students
- USA scholarships For Asian students
- Scholarships for female students
- Scholarships For graduate students
- US scholarships for students from developing countries
Government-funded US scholarships for international students
1. Fulbright Foreign Student Program
Although the most famous of the US-funded scholarships for international students, Fulbright offers scholarships for graduates, young professionals, and artists to study in the US for one year or more. Open to international students in all fields except medicine.
2. Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
This is a non-degree scholarship course for internationally experienced professionals who want to complete 10 months of academic study in the United States. Although funding does not support degree qualifications, students will be able to study and develop their knowledge at academic institutions across the country.
Non-governmental US scholarships for international students
1. Abbey Road Summer Scholarships
U.S. researchers are offering $ 1,000 for language and arts students, as well as $ 500 in conjunction with “summer enrichment” in state institutions.
2. The Next Gen Scholarship Fund
Scholarships to study in the USA for non-residents and foreign students. Applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA (average points) and be enrolled in a program at an accredited university in Washington DC, Maryland, or Virginia. It costs $ 1,000.
3. Tortuga Backpacks Study Abroad Scholarship
Provided twice a year to enthusiastic international students to study in the United States. It costs $ 1,000.
4. David P. Shapiro Annual Leukaemia Scholarships
Two annual scholarships, each worth $ 1,000, are open to current and future American students diagnosed with leukemia.
For Asian students:
- East-West Center Scholarships and Fellowships– Scholarships to study in the United States at selected institutions, targeted to international students from the Asia-Pacific region.
- Japan-United States Friendship Commission – An initiative led by Japan and the United States, the commission offers grant programs to Japanese students who want to study in the United States (and vice versa).
For female students:
- AAUW International Fellowships – Fellowships offered by the American Association of University Women for female international students studying in the USA.
- MIT-Zaragoza Women in Logistics and SCM Scholarship – American scholarships for students of any age, ethnic origin, or nationality to study in the Zaragoza Logistics Center at MIT.
Scholarships For graduate students:
Rotary Peace Fellowships – American scholarships awarded to master’s degree students studying at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers (such as Duke University or the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill).
For students from developing countries:
- Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Program – Scholarships for international graduate students from African countries.
- Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leader – Scholarships for African students aged 25 to 35 from sub-Saharan Africa to study in the United States and gain leadership and business skills.
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarships – Grants for African students to study in the US and Africa.
University-specific US scholarships for international students
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship – A university scholarship to study in the United States at American University in Washington DC. Demonstrating leadership potential for international students.
- Brandeis University Wien International Scholarship Program – Funding highly successful students interested in contributing to the student community.
- Clark University Global Scholars Program – Scholarships of no less than $ 10,000 and a guaranteed tax scholarship of $ 2,500 for paid internships apply to first-year international applicants.
- Emory University Needs-Based Scholarship Program – Financial support for international students at Emory University. Students must demonstrate financial need.
- Harvard University Scholarships – Harvard offers a number of (highly competitive) international scholarships for students from around the world.
- Illinois State University International Awards – Illinois State offers tuition, awards, and exemptions to help graduate prospective international students.
- Iowa State University International Merit Scholarships – Merit-based scholarship program for high-achieving international students.
- Michigan State University International Scholarships – Various grants and scholarships for international students studying in the US at MSU.
- New York University Wagner International Scholarships – American scholars to study at the NYU Wagner Graduate School of Public Service.
- University of Arkansas International Scholarships – Financial opportunities for international students of various backgrounds and nationalities.
- University of Iowa Scholarships for International First-Year Students – Various scholarships for international students beginning in the first year of the fall.
- The University of Minnesota International Excellence Scholarships – Two scholarships of varying numbers awarded to international full-time students at UM.
- University of Oregon International Scholarships – American scholars study at the University of Oregon, focusing on international students from around the world.
- University of Wisconsin Superior Non-resident Tuition Waiver Program – Waiver of tuition fees for international students applying for financial aid at the University of Wisconsin.
International scholarships for Brazilian Student
Here are some of the international scholarships for Brazilians who want to study in the US:
- Central Washington University, USA – International awards: This is a part-funding, graduate student studying all major programs.
- Merit and Need-Based international awards in the USA, 2022: This scholarship is open to Chapman University as partial funding of a bachelor’s scholarship for degree programs for all subjects.
- UCLA Jorge Paulo Lemann Scholarship and Fellowship – Partial scholarships for Brazilian students studying at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).